- I asked friends and family members to save me the hangers you get when purchasing new kids' clothing. You can also ask for hangers at retail store customer service desks. Between the stash I had and the several friends gave me, I had more than enough.
- Judy has a pricing guide available. Keep in mind that you'll bring home 70% of the profit of what you charge (provided you volunteer the day of the sale, otherwise you make 65%). You can also check Ebay and Craigslist for comparative pricing.
- There are also clear directions for tagging your items if you decide to sell.
- During the last hour of the sale, items are marked 1/2 off. If you do not want your items sold at a discount, you just highlight the tag on your clothing.
- You drop your items off the day before the sale and you get to shop that evening!
- You can either pick up your unsold items at 3 pm on Saturday or let them go to a local charity thrift shop (which I'll be doing, because that's where they would have gone anyway).
- LIKE Berks Kids' Closet on Facebook to get more information about their sales. Please post and let them know that Still Playing School sent you!
Berks Kids Closet honestly couldn't have made this process any easier. You can tell they are experienced (400+ families per sale) and well prepared! Everyone I know who has consigned and purchased through Berks Kids Closet before has great things to say about them!
If you are a local reader, please come shop the sale at the Lebanon Expo Center on Saturday, September 8th from 8 - 2!
You can also get in to shop the pre-sale on Friday, September 7th in the following ways:
- Email Judy to volunteer to work a shift on Saturday.
- If you live in the Lebanon, Annville, Palmyra, Jonestown, Hershey, Myerstown area, Berks Kids Closet is looking for additional places to display their sale signs. If you help advertise by putting a hand painted wooden sign in your yard, you can also shop at the pre-sale before it's open to the public! Contact Judy and let her know that Still Playing School sent you!